Top 5 online stores that are lifesavers for those with chronic disease
Shopping was one of my favorite activities. I used to love hunting for bargains in stores of all kinds- crafts stores during huge clearance sales, Black Friday sales, thrift stores, garage sales…if shopping was involved, I was all over that!
However, my heart disease put a stop to all that. Going to the store now fills me with dread. I have to decide if it is really necessary to go and gauge how I feel. During my bad days (the days when just walking to the kitchen is a struggle) , shopping is completely out of the question.
Online shopping has become Essential for me! And I am so greatful it exists.
Here are my top 5 stores to buy crafts supplies and other essentials like toilet paper 🙂
1. Shopping Amazon
There was no doubt that Amazon was going to be my number one.
I have been using it for many years and have never been disappointed. It has great customer service- the few times I have had to return something they have been amazing.
I have Amazon Prime and have had it for over 5 years. The two day shipping was the main reason I signed up back in the day. Now, Amazon prime offers s many more benefits that I am sure I will miss some here:
- Free 2 day shipping on all Prime items (a LOT of the items are prime items)
- Amazon Prime video streaming – a huge variety of videos to choose from
- Amazon Prime photos -unlimited photo storage – I recently learned about this! You download the app and can set up your photos to be stored to the app, thus freeing storage space on your phone, tablet etc.
- Amazon music – stream 2 million songs songs as part of your prime membership. Admittedly, I haven’t used Prime music much. My daughter uses it on her kindle.
- There are discounts and deals only for prime members.
As I mentioned above, the main reason I signed up for prime years ago was for the 2 day shipping. And Prime was a necessity when we were living in Japan. Prime membership meant I would get my purchases in one week every time! Prime always shipped priority to FPO.
What do I buy on Amazon?
A lot of stuff! I have bought shoes, clothes, curtains, a scooter (birthday present for my daughter), a dollhouse (Christmas present :)), lots of other toys, kindles, iPhone and iPad cases, party supplies…..I will stop here because otherwise this post will just be my list of stuff I have bought from Amazon! Bottom line: I buy all kinds of things from Amazon. These are some of my crafty buys from Amazon
- Hair clips – the alligator clips I use to make hair bows. These 1 3/4 inch clip are well made and have a good grip. I have purchased them repeatedly.
- Maxant buttons- I love them these buttons- I can cover them in any fabric to match any occasion or holiday and they come with either flat backs or eyes.
- Avery project sticker paper – I like this paper, it sticks well but also comes off cleanly when removed.
MY non crafty purchase that I buy regularly (and have been buying it for 4 years) is magnesium powder. I was suffering from insomnia in 2013 and that was as the only thing that helped. I have been buying it ever since! Magnesium is a natural relaxer and also essential for heart health. The Brand is Natural calm and I recommend it wholeheartedly.
2. Shopping Wish
Okay, I am really, really liking Wish! It was a big contender for my number one spot.
I discovered Wish 2 years ago, right after we had moved to the US from Japan. I was so happy when I first downloaded the app and started browsing the products!
IT WAS chock full of cute Asian products! The stuff I was used to buying from the 100 yen store (like the $1 store but 100 times more awesome!) or Aeon (department store/grocery store chain in Japan).
A lot of people have varying luck with the quality of the products ( as per the reviews), but I have been lucky and satisfied with everything I have bought from WISH! Even the one clothing purchase I am made was cute and it fit me! 🙂
Here are my top Wish products:
- Colored pens and pencils- such a good price and so man you varieties to choose from. My pencils and pens in this post were all bought from Wish.
- Stationery – notebooks, sticky notes, stickers, washi tape, desk organizers. Most are $1 each plus shipping or free and you just pay shipping.
- Supploes for making accessories- shabby flowers (I bought 50 for $5!), foldover elastic, Hair elastic ( 100 for $1), crotchety headbands, little ornaments to add the finishing attach to accessories (flowers, anchors, cameos).
- Felt- I got 40 small felt sheets of assorted colors for $4 plus shipping.
- Metal cutting dies- they seriously have a massive selection of dies!
I AM am sure I am my forgetting some things but seriously check out Wish if you haven’t already! The only downfall is that shipping usually take a few weeks are shipped from China. Although they now have some products that ship faster.
Here Are pictures of some of my Wish goodies!
I like eBay for cheap craft supplies. But I have also bought lots of clothes on there! A LOT Of my Lularoe clothes were found on eBay.
I love searching for products and not knowing what treasure I will find.
One of the things I found was a big Cricut supply lot on eBay for a great price. I Talk about it in this post.
I have purchased many ribbons, buttons…Did I mention ribbons? I just looked at my order history from last fall- i bought so many ribbons, it’s embarrassing! If you are in the market for ribbons, the seller grosgrainribbons2 is great- she ships fast and includes a free gift!
I love searching on eBay and getting a good deal. My favorite type of purchases are lots!
I discovered Hollar about a month ago and was surprised at the at amount of products they are offer at extraordinary low prices. They have a wide variety of things.
I only made two purchases so far but I got a bunch of pool toys, panda face mask ( I love the Korean face masks), cardstock stack, three sets of 12×12 felt sheets for $20! With free shipping! They give your credit every time you shop! I had $5 credit towards my first purchase and then had accumulated $7 towards my second.
Sign up with my link and you will get $2 towards your first purchase and free shipping on first order.
They have back to school supplies!
And another bonus about the felt sheets- they are stiff enough to be cut by my Cricut without using ultra bond interfacing. 🙂
5. Jet and Boxed
Remember when I was talking about buying toilet paper online? Well, Jet and Boxed are the stores I use for those essentials.
I alternate between them because I love them for different products.
Jet’s shipping can’t be beat! I ordered some things yesterday and the purple box arrived today! Just in time, because we were running out of …you know what. 🙂
Jet has so many categories to shop, it’s staggering. They Have a huge craft section and I didn’t know this until today but they even sell Cricut and Silhouette machines!
Free shipping on orders over $35.
I like Boxed because they always have some freebie or sample and every order comes with a personal notes of thanks for shopping with them. Their VITA coconut water 12 pack is always a great deal ($17.99). I always buy it from them.
Free shipping on orders over $49.
And if you shop at Jet and Boxed ( you really should, they are awesome!) , use Ibotta.
IBOTTA is a cash back app and you get money back for every day purchases. You get 2.5% for Boxed purchases and 1.5% for Jet. they have most major retailers on the app- Target, Walmart, even Amazon! I have earned $178 since signing up 8 months ago. And you can get the cash out straight to your PayPal account as soon as you get to $20 of rewards. Sign up with my referral link for Ibotta
You get a $10 sign up bonus if you do your first rebate within 7 days of sign up.
What are some of your favorite stores to shop at when you can’t physically go to the store?